UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam (CDSE) II 2018: – Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has released a notification for conducting the CDSE (II) 2018 vide Notification No.11/2018.CDS-II. Candidates who are eligible can apply for the examination.
Detail of the examination and procedure of filling the online application given below.
UPSC conducts the Combined Defence Services Examination (II) every year two times to select potential officers in the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy. The candidates selected in the CDS Exam (II) will undergo training in IMA, AFA, INA or OTA as applicable. After successful training, they will be inducted as officers.
Important Points to Remember For CDSE
- Name of the Post: – Commissioned Officer.
- Total no of posts:- 414 posts.
- Educational Qualification: – Any Graduation/Bachelor Degree.
- The fee for the examination:-Rs.200 for General/OBC Candidates.
- Last date: – 03 September 2018 till 6 p.m.
- Tentative Date of the examination:-18 November 2018.
- Official website:-https://upsconline.nic.in
Vacancy Details of CDSE
Total No of Vacancy: – 414 posts.
Name of the post: – Commissioned Officer.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 posts.
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45 posts.
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 posts.
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai – 225 posts (for Men only).
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai – 12 posts (for Women only).
Eligibility Criteria For CDSE
Candidates should have a graduation degree from a government recognized university or institute in specified streams as mentioned below.
- For IMA and Officers Training Academy— Graduation degree in any discipline.
- Indian Naval Academy – BE/B.TECH (Degree in Engineering).
- Air Force Academy—Graduation degree in any stream (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For Indian Military Academy-Unmarried male candidate born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and
not later than 1st July 2000 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than
2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2000 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1995
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 2000 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 2000.
Physical Standards for Candidates for Combined Defence Services Examination
- For male candidates- The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms. (157 cms for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force).
- Women candidates– Minimum acceptable height is 152 cms.
- Relaxation in height– For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the Minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- For GEN category candidate application fee Rs-200.
- For belonging to SC/ST and female candidate, the application fee is NIL.
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay CDS II Exam fee either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility. You may pay the fee through SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur or State Bank of Hyderabad or State Bank of Mysore or State Bank of Patiala or State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master/ Credit/ Debit Card.
CDS Exam Selection Process
Selection Process: Candidates of CDS II will be selected on the basis of written examination, Physical Efficiency Tests and subsequently an interview. The written examination will be an objective type test of 300 marks. It will have three papers of 100 marks each.
- English – 100 marks.
- General Knowledge – 100 marks
- Elementary Mathematics – 100 marks
The penalty for wrong Answers: For each wrong answer by the candidates one third (0.33) of the marks will be deducted as penalty.
Centre of examination: The examination will be held at the following centers- Agartala, Ahmadabad, Aizwal, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
How to apply: – Candidates should apply online on website https://upsconline.nic.in along with scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
Important dates for CDSE (II) 2018:
- Starting of online application – 08 August 2018.
- The last date to submit the online application –03 September 2018.
- Last date for Payment of Fee by Challan: 02 September 2018.