The SSC (Staff Selection Commission) has released a notification for recruitment in the SSC GD for 54,953 posts in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, NIA and SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles (AR) Examination, 2018. Interested Indian candidates can apply for the same only through online mode through the official website of SSC.
To know the details of the vacancies, eligibility, salary and syllabus read the full advertisement carefully.
Important Date for SSC GD
- Online application starting date: 24 July 2018
- Online application closing date: 24 August 2018
- Tentative examination date: September/October 2018
Vacancy details of SSC GD constable Recruitment
Name of post: Constables (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF, Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles.
Total no of posts: – 54,953 posts.
Category wise Vacancy –
- General – 28619 posts.
- OBC – 11966 posts.
- SC – 3455 posts.
- ST – 4913 posts.
Unit wise Vacancy –
CISF (Total 200 posts)
- Male- 180 posts.
- (General- 94, OBC-47, SC-26, ST-13).
- Female – 20 posts.
- (General- 13, OBC-05, SC-02, ST-00).
BSF (Total 16984 posts)
- Male – 14436 posts.
- (General- 7477, OBC-3267, SC-2351, ST-1341).
- Female – 2548 posts.
- (General- 1326, OBC-575, SC-412, ST-235).
CRPF (Total 21566 posts)
- Male – 19972 posts.
- (General- 10263, OBC-4230, SC-3893, ST-1586).
- Female – 1594 posts.
- (General- 856, OBC-398, SC-328, ST-12).
NIA (Total 08 posts)
- Male – 08 posts.
- (General- 05, OBC-02, SC-00, ST-01).
- Female – 00.
SSB (Total 8546 posts)
- Male – 6521 posts.
- (General- 3450, OBC-1420, SC-1041, ST-610).
- Female – 2025 posts.
- (General- 1051, OBC-477, SC-338, ST-159).
ITBP (Total 4126 posts)
- Male – 3507 posts.
- (General- 1882, OBC-726, SC-533, ST-366).
- Female – 619 posts.
- (General- 334, OBC-128, SC-97, ST-60).
Assam Rifles (Total 3076 posts)
- Male – 2311 posts.
- (General- 1212, OBC-448, SC-290, ST-90).
- Female – 765 posts.
- (General- 404, OBC-150, SC-96, ST-115).
SSF (Total 447 posts)
- Male – 372 posts.
- (General- 212, OBC-75, SC-38, ST-47).
- Female – 75 posts.
- (General- 40, OBC-18, SC-10, ST-07).
Eligibility Criteria for Recruitment in SSC GD constable
The candidate must have 10th passed or its equivalent from a government recognized board.
Age Relaxation: – 18-23 years as on 01/08/2018.
Relaxation in the age of 03 years for OBC candidates and 05 years for SC/ST category candidates.
- Height – 170 cms for Males and 157 cms for Females.
- Chest – 80 cms for males and Expanded Min expansion 5 cms.
- Weight – Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards for males and Females.
Race (Running) – 5 Km. in 24 Minutes for Males and 1.6 Km. in 8 Minute 30 Second for Females.
Application fee: –
Rs.100 for General/OBC through online mode by using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking or Challan at any branch of State Bank of India.
No fee for SC, ST, Ex-Serviceman, and Female all category candidates.
Selection Process for SSC Constable GD Recruitment:-
Selection Process:- The candidates will be selected on the basis of Written/ Online Examination, Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Examination.
Scheme of examination:-
Duration of the written examination: 90 minutes.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 questions 25 marks):-Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding, etc.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness (25 questions 25 marks):-Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- Elementary Mathematics (25 questions 25 marks):-This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- English/ Hindi (25 questions 25 marks):-Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.
How to apply: – The candidates can apply online application through the website http://ssc.nic.in from 24 July 2018 to 24 August 2018.
Official Notification for SSC Constable GD Vacancy:-