The SSC (Staff Selection Commission) published a notification for recruitment in the SSC GD for 54,953 positions in the BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, NIA and SSF and Rifleman examination of Assam Rifles (AR), 2018. Interested Indian candidates can only apply via the official SSC website online.
To know the details of the vacancies, eligibility, salary and syllabus read the full advertisement carefully.
Important Date apply for SSC GD
- Start date of online application: 24 July 2018
- Closing date for online application: 24 August 2018
- Date of preliminary examination: September / October 2018
Vacancy details of recruitment of SSC GD constable
Name of post: Constables (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF, Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles.
Total no of posts: – 54,953 posts.
Category wise Vacancy –
- General – 28619 posts.
- OBC – 11966 posts.
- SC – 3455 posts.
- ST – 4913 posts.
Unit wise Vacancy –
CISF (Total 200 posts)
- Male- 180 posts.
- (General- 94, OBC-47, SC-26, ST-13).
- Female – 20 posts.
- (General- 13, OBC-05, SC-02, ST-00).
BSF (Total 16984 posts)
- Male – 14436 posts.
- (General- 7477, OBC-3267, SC-2351, ST-1341).
- Female – 2548 posts.
- (General- 1326, OBC-575, SC-412, ST-235).
CRPF (Total 21566 posts)
- Male – 19972 posts.
- (General- 10263, OBC-4230, SC-3893, ST-1586).
- Female – 1594 posts.
- (General- 856, OBC-398, SC-328, ST-12).
NIA (Total 08 posts)
- Male – 08 posts.
- (General- 05, OBC-02, SC-00, ST-01).
- Female – 00.
SSB (Total 8546 posts)
- Male – 6521 posts.
- (General- 3450, OBC-1420, SC-1041, ST-610).
- Female – 2025 posts.
- (General- 1051, OBC-477, SC-338, ST-159).
ITBP (Total 4126 posts)
- Male – 3507 posts.
- (General- 1882, OBC-726, SC-533, ST-366).
- Female – 619 posts.
- (General- 334, OBC-128, SC-97, ST-60).
Assam Rifles (Total 3076 posts)
- Male – 2311 posts.
- (General- 1212, OBC-448, SC-290, ST-90).
- Female – 765 posts.
- (General- 404, OBC-150, SC-96, ST-115).
SSF (Total 447 posts)
- Male – 372 posts.
- (General- 212, OBC-75, SC-38, ST-47).
- Female – 75 posts.
- (General- 40, OBC-18, SC-10, ST-07).
Eligibility criteria for SSC GD constable recruitment
Qualification of education
The candidate must have passed the 10th or its equivalent from a recognized government board.
Age Relaxation: – 18-23 years as on 01/08/2018.
Relaxation in the age of 03 years for OBC candidates and 05 years for SC/ST category candidates.
- Height – 170 cms for Males and 157 cms for Females.
- Chest – 80 cms for males and Expanded Min expansion 5 cms.
- Weight – Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards for males and Females.
Race (Running) –5 km for men in 24 minutes and 1.6 km for women in 8 minutes in 30 seconds.
Application fee: –
Rs.100 for General/OBC through online mode by using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking or Challan at any branch of State Bank of India.
No fees for all category candidates for SC, ST, Ex-Serviceman and Female.
The Selection process for the recruitment of SSC Constable GD:-
Process of selection:- The candidates will be selected on the basis of a written/online test, a physical standard test, a physical efficiency test and a medical exam.
Scheme of examination:-
Duration of the written examination: 90 minutes.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 questions 25 marks):-Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions about analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic series of numbers, non- verbal series, coding, and decoding, etc.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness (25 questions 25 marks):-Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions are also designed to test the knowledge of current events and daily observations and experiences in their scientific aspect, which can be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions concerning India and its neighboring countries, in particular sports, history, culture, geography, economic scene, general politics, Indian constitution, and scientific research, etc. These questions are such that no special study of any discipline is required.
- Elementary Mathematics (25 questions 25 marks):-This paper will include questions on problems relating to numerical systems, the computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions and the relationship between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and time, time and work, etc.
- English/ Hindi (25 questions 25 marks):-Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.
How to apply: – The candidates can apply online application through the website http://ssc.nic.in from 24 July 2018 to 24 August 2018.
Official Notification for SSC Constable GD Vacancy:-
Click here for Shillong Teer Result