The APSC (Assam Public Service Commission) has released a notification vide Notification No 12/2018 for inviting application for the competitive examination of Assam Finance Service for 34 number of posts in Class I, Grade- III.
Eligible candidates can apply for the posts under Assam Finance Service before 24th August. Detail of the notification given below-
APSC Assam finance Service 2018 Vacancy Detail
- Total no of posts- 34
- Last date for apply- 24th August 2018
- Minimum age should be 21 years
- Maximum age should be 38 years
- Educational Qualification- Graduation/Bachelor degree.
- Salary- 30,000-1,10,000/- with grade pay of 12700/- plus other allowances.
Name of Post- Finance and Accounts Officer/Treasury Officer in the cadre of Assam finance service.
No of posts- 34 (Thirty-four)
(UR: 30, OBC/MOBC: 1, SC: 1, ST(P): 1, ST(H): 1
also read, How to become an ACS officer?
Eligibility Details of APSC Assam Finance service
Educational Qualification: Candidates should be a graduate in any stream or its equivalent from government recognized institute.
Age: The candidate should not be less than 21 years of age and more than 38 years of age as on 01.01.2018.
Relaxation in age:
- For SC/ST candidates age relaxation by 5 years i.e. up to 43 years.
- For OBC/MOBC candidates age relaxation by 3 years i.e. up to 41 years.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) by 10 years i.e. up to 48.
- For General category, the fee of application is treasury Chalan of Rs.250.00 (Rupees Two hundred and fifty).
- For SC/ST and OBC/MOBC, – Rs.150.00 (Rupees One hundred and fifty).
- For PWD and BPL candidates there is no application fee.
How to apply:
Candidates shall be required to download the prescribed application form from the website: www.apsc.nic.in (Application Form DR) and send the duly filled application enclosed with the following documents to the Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22.
- Original Treasury receipt.
- One copy of recent passport size photograph to be properly pasted on the space provided in the
application form and another copy should also be enclosed with the application.
- Age-proof certificate (Admit Card/ Certificate of HSLC or equivalent exam).
- Degree-pass Certificate.
- Caste Certificate in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC community.
- ID Card/ Certificate in respect of PWD candidates issued by the competent authority.
Syllabus of the examination:
Subjects, Time and Marks detail-
- Precis and Drafting – 3Hours (100 Marks)
- General English and General Knowledge – 3Hours (100 Marks)
- Financial Rules and Accounts – 3Hours (150 Marks)
- Viva-Voce (50 Marks)
Detail topics of the syllabus-
- Precis and Drafting
- General English and General knowledge
- Financial Rules and Accounts Service Commission.
(The standard will be determined by the Assam Public Service Commission)
- An Introduction to Indian Government Accounts and Audit.
(Chapter-6 General Structure of Financial Administration in India.
Chapter-8 Working of Treasury
Chapter-11 Classification of Receipts and Expenditure in Government Accounts)
- Account Code Vol-I
[Chapter-2 General outlines the system of Accounts
Chapter 3 General principles and methods of Accounts
(Excluding Arts 38 to 41)]
- Account Code Vol-II
(Chapters III and IV)
- Assam Financial Rules
[Chapter –II (Definitions)
Chapter –III (General Principles)
Chapter-V Pay allowance General Rules]
- Assam Treasury Rules and S.O.
- Fundamental Rules
Chapter-XI and Revised leave Rules 1934.