The APSC (Assam Public Service Commission) invited applications for the Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination, 2018 for screening candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the services/posts as per the actual number of vacancies as shown below, in accordance with the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 1989.
APSC Important Dates:
- Last Date for Online Application Submission – 27 June 2018 up to 5 pm.
- Tentative Date for Preliminary Examination– July 2018
Total no of posts: 165
Eligibility Of Candidate:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age: The candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38years of age as on 01.01.2018.
Relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxable i) By 5 years for SC/ST candidates i.e. up to 43 years.
ii) By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. up to 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP.6/2016/9
dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.
iii) For Persons with Disabilities (PWD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of
candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October 2015.
iv) For Ex-servicemen by 2 years i.e. up to 40 years as per Govt. Notification No.AAP.115/72/Pt.I/194
dated 10th March 2008.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit
Card/Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
- The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities established and incorporated by a Central Act or State Act in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
- Candidates must possess the prescribed qualification on the date of submission of their applications.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination for eligibility on the closing date of submission of the application need not apply.
- Persons with Disabilities should ascertain the post for which a particular category of disability is entitled to the reservation as per the advertisement and should apply/opt for the preference accordingly at the time of filling up the forms for Main Examination.
Pay scale admissible for each cadre /post:
|Sl No||Name of posts||Scale of Pay+ Grade Pay + other allowances as admissible to the Assam State Government employees from time to time (per month)|
|1||Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade)||PB-4, Pay scale 30,000/–1,10,000/-Grade Pay 13,300/-|
|2||Assam Land &Revenue Service(Jr.Grade)||PB-4,Pay scale 30,000/–1,10,000/-Grade Pay 12,700/-|
|3||Assam Police Service(Jr.Grade)||PB-4,Pay scale 30,000/–1,10,000/-Grade Pay 12,700/-|
|4||Superintendent of Taxes||PB-4,Pay scale 30,000/–1,10,000/-Grade Pay 12,700/-|
|5||Superintendent of Excise||PB-4,Pay scale 30,000/–1,10,000/-Grade Pay 12,700/-|
|6||Asstt. Employment Officer||PB-3,Pay scale 22,000/— 87,000/- Grade Pay 9,100/-|
|7||Labour Inspector||PB-3,Pay scale 22,000/— 87,000/- Grade Pay 9,100/-|
|8||Inspector of Taxes||PB-3,Pay scale 22,000/— 87,000/- Grade Pay 9,100/-|
|9||Inspector of Excise||PB-3,Pay scale 22,000/— 87,000/- Grade Pay 9,100/-|
Centres for the Preliminary & Main Examination:
(A) The centres for the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination are BARPETA, BONGAIGAON, BAKSA, BISWANATH, CHIRANG, CHARAIDEO, DHEMAJI, DHUBRI, DIBRUGARH, DIPHU, GOALPARA, GOLAGHAT, GUWAHATI, HAFLONG, HOJAI, JORHAT, KARIMGANJ, KOKRAJHAR, MAJULI, MANGALDOI, MORIGAON, NAGAON, NALBARI, NORTH LAKHIMPUR, SILCHAR, SIVSAGAR, SOUTH SALMARA, TEZPUR, TINSUKIA, UDALGURI AND WEST KARBI ANGLONG.
(B) The Combined Competitive (Main) Examination will be held in GUWAHATI only.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates shall be required to download the prescribed application form from the website: http://www.apsc.nic.in w.e.f. 18/05/2018 and send the duly filled in application with the requisite documents indicated below:
(i)Original Treasury Receipt for the Combined Competitive (Prelim.) Examination, 2018 under the Head of Account viz., ‘NON TAX REVENUE OTHER NON TAX REVENUE, 0051 PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, 105 STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, APPLICATION FEE RECEIPT OF ASSAM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION’
- For General candidates: for Rs.250.00 (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty only).
- For candidates belonging to S.C./S.T./MOBC/OBC Rs. 150.00 (Rupees One Hundred and fifty only).
- BPL Certificate is Nil (Candidate having BPL certificate should enclose a photocopy of the certificate along with the Application Form)
- (PWD) candidates the Application Fees for all posts under the State Govt. of Assam is Nil. (PWD candidates should enclose with the application form photocopy of a necessary certificate from a competent authority).
(ii) One copy of recent passport size photograph (size of 3.5×4.5 cm) to be properly pasted on the space provided in the application form. Do not staple the photograph.
(iii) Age- proof certificate (Admit Card / Certificate of HSLC or equivalent exam).
(iv) Degree Pass Certificate.
(v) Caste Certificate in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC community issued by competent authority.
(vi) ID Card/Certificate in respect of PWD candidates issued by competent authority.
The envelope sending the application should be superscripted “Combined Competitive (Prel.) Examination, 2018” on the top of the envelope and it should be addressed to the Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22
The size of the prescribed application form is approximately 21cm× 29.7 cm.
STAGES OF THE EXAMINATION:
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
(i) The Preliminary Examination
(ii) The Main Examination (written & interview)
APSC ADMISSION CERTIFICATES (ADMIT CARD):
(a) Admission certificate indicating the eligible candidate’s roll no., venue, and programme of the exam will be uploaded in the Commission’s website, for appearing in the Preliminary/Main examination.
(b) The mere fact that a certificate of admission has been issued will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Candidates may note that the Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions only after the candidates have qualified for the Main Examination.
(c) Candidates must produce a photo identity proof of any of the following in the examination hall:
- Pan Card.
- Driving License
- Voters ID card
- Bank Passbook containing a photograph
- ID Card issued by the educational Institution where he/she is studying presently
- ID card issued by Government or public sector undertaking
- Indian passport.
(d) The Commission reserves the right to cancel the candidature of any candidate as and when any ineligibility condition is detected. If any information declared by the candidate is found to be false at any stage, the candidate will be penalized as per prevailing law/rules.
(e) The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final.
For details, advertisement click here